Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tech Tip: Favicon

I saw that someone else did this extra credit assignment and I love fun stuff like this so I decided to do it, too! I chose this potted plant icon for my blog because I love plants (who doesn't these days). Also, plants make me think of growth and that's a big part of this course. I didn't know much about favicons before but I've always wondered if you could change the little icon by the name of the site in the tab so this was a great thing to learn!

My favicon from favicon.cc

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    Fun little favicon!

    Favicons are one of those strange web standards that has been around so long that it’s accumulated a lot of strange dust, so to speak, so they're always a bit funny to deal with.

    Where’d you find the .ico file? (Or did you make it yourself? Making them has always been a bit of a pain, as far as I can tell.)

    Best,
    A.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just downloaded the icon from the website https://www.favicon.cc and then followed the favicon tech tip instructions from our professor to apply it to my blog!

      Delete

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...