Sunday, August 18, 2019

Technology Thoughts

The technology tools I am most familiar with are blogging sites (weebly, tumblr, etc.), bookmarking, and image editing. I have never heard of Twine, though, and it seems like it will be a great tool to use. This course is definitely a good mix of familiar and unfamiliar concepts, and it has certainly chosen a different road than my other courses. I have taken somewhere around 7 online courses in college, and I have never been a part of one like this. The online courses I have taken would only make use of Canvas and textbooks, which made the courses predictable and monotonous. This course really branches out and makes use of so many fun and unexpected tools, so I do not believe I will have a chance to get bored. Either way, though, I love a course that allows me to stay in bed while also getting work accomplished!

(Sleeping cat image from Flickr)

One skill I would like to work on this semester is keeping everything online organized. With so many tools, pages, and links, I usually end up forgetting where I saw something and it takes me forever to find it again. Figuring out a system to bookmark important content would be a skill that could help me in so many other aspects of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...