Saturday, August 17, 2019

Thoughts on Assignments

The assignments I am most intrigued by are the storytelling ones. As mentioned in an earlier post, I am excited at the idea of writing again. I am a bit anxious, though, as I am not confident enough in my writing for others to read it. I have not put creativity to use in a long time so we will have to see how it goes. These assignments will be unlike what I have done in other classes because I have never had to write my own version of a story. Normally I either have to come up with a completely new idea or I write an analysis over a story. Using someone else's basic plot and idea will be something to get used to (assuming I am understanding the assignment correctly), but I think it will help fuel my own creativity in the end.

The extra commenting and Wikipedia trails extra credit options grab my attention the most. For the extra commenting, I am looking forward to seeing how others interpret assignments and readings, and it will be nice to interact with them a bit about potentially differing perspectives. For the Wikipedia trails option, I have never heard of an assignment like this and being rewarded for something that sounds so fun will be wonderful to be a part of! This image ties in nicely with the idea of Wikipedia trails, and I think it is something many of us can relate to.

(Wikipedia Meme from Wikimedia Commons)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...