Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Tech Tip: DuckDuckGo

I have used DuckDuckGo before, a very long time ago. I had actually forgotten about it until recently. It's super handy because it shows you results that you might have to search for harder on Google. I'm not sure if this is because Google favors sites that make them money or if there is another reason, but I've definitely noticed that. I love that DDG doesn't track my personal information because it won't prompt annoying and repetitive advertisements. A disadvantage of it, though, is that it's not as convenient as Google. Google is the go-to search engine, and it's honestly just what we're used to. It's hard to make a switch like this for most people. I think it makes a good alternative to Google for the times when you are searching for more sensitive information (for whatever reason) and are hoping to look through an unbiased sorting of results.

From the DuckDuckGo site page (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...