Saturday, August 10, 2019

Storybook Favorites

The Un-Told Stories of Spongebob

As a lover of Spongebob, I was excited to see that someone took the plot and used it for their storybook. They used the plot and characters very creatively, and I was able to easily see how they connected a myth or fairy tale to a Spongebob-related story. The introduction does a good job of preparing the reader for unexpected stories that will diverge from a normal Spongebob story, and it stays in character very well. The layout of the page is simple but fun, which is a great set-up for the stories. I appreciate how easy the navigation is to use and how the videos are short and fun to watch. Overall, the flow of the web page is very nicely done and gives me an idea of how I might want mine to look.

Sunlight's Reflection

I really appreciated how this storybook focused not just on the story but also on the dialect and wording. Much of the story was shown through the writing style and "flowery details" (as the author mentioned). I am interested in the possibility of writing a Japanese-focused storybook so this was a wonderful introduction to the potential that holds. I also really loved the images the author chose, including this one of an art piece which adds to the character, culture, and meaning of the story.


Once Upon a Museum

Once Upon a Museum starts out with a beautifully worded introduction that I hope I can imitate in my own project. I really loved the way the author told the story of Rapunzel. She focused on changing the way it was told by making it sound like a crime show, and that intention was immediately clear when I started reading. The images were obviously carefully chosen so as to greatly enhance this idea and completely immerse the reader. The layout was very elegant and fits a museum atmosphere perfectly.


Image Information
Yama from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...