Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Growth Mindset: Dreams and Rain

"DON'T CRUSH THE DREAMS: Children's creativity is probably put down daily by people who don't understand them. It's easy to think that disciplining a child is going to benefit in the long run, but it's easy to miss what ideas and dreams you may be crushing."
I love this quote because it is something I have recently started thinking about. There were so many dreams I had as a child that were crushed, causing me to become lost and confused. Everything I loved was discouraged because it "wouldn't make enough money." Well, now I've spent years trying to decide what to because I let go of so many of the things I loved. I lost my creativity for a long time and did not understand how to handle life without it. I am beginning to gain back what I lost by ignoring people who discourage me, but sometimes I wonder how far I could have been by now if I would have refused to listen to those who put me down.


"Rain doesn't always have to weigh us down; sometimes it can wash off our burdens."


I love this quote, too. Recently I had the worst week of my life, where everything was going wrong. At the end of the week, though, I looked back and realized that a lot of of the things I lost and the situations I got myself into were actually beneficial for me. I ended up getting rid of so many burdens, and this quote helps me to see how bad situations are not always unlucky. This quote will be a good reminder that I should never use bad days as an excuse to stunt growth. Instead I should try to reframe the events and see that they might help me someday.

++

Image information: Persist Despite Setbacks from Growth Mindset Memes Blog

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke!
    The quotes you included were inspiring and showcased that we must keep trying despite the setbacks we may face. I also love the picture of the cat! The cat is stuck in the window blinds and literally demonstrated that "you must persist." It was funny as well! Like you said, I wonder what my future would look like if I had ignored people who discouraged me. The past is in the past and we must learn from it.

    ReplyDelete

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...