Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Learning Challenge: Deskercises

I read the article called "Deskercise! 33 Smart Ways to Exercise at Work." I love the idea of getting in exercise in small intervals throughout the day because it doesn't feel as scary or intense as one big workout at the gym. Also, something is better than nothing! I'd be doing these in my bedroom, too, so I wouldn't have to worry about people seeing me and thinking I was weird.

Here are the exercises I think I'll keep using:
  • The Slog, Then Jog - jogging in place. Great for my bedroom because it's so tiny. There's no excuse not to move if I technically only have to stay in one place. 
  • The Wall (Street) Sit - wall sits. A seriously good exercise that I had forgotten about. Also really fun to test your limits and see how long you can last sitting against the wall.
  • The Patient Printer - calf raises. I'm a huge fan of multitasking. If you're already standing there waiting for your essays to print, why not make use of the time? 
  • The Cubicle Dip - tricep dips. I love this one because I need to work on arm strength and there really is no excuse not to do these.
Image result for desk

Image info: Desk from Pixnio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Story: Gellert

(Warning that this story is kind of a downer!) Gellert could smell the wolf. He knew his owner, the prince, couldn’t smell it because he...